Đề ionianisia-region.com vào lớp 10 môn giờ Anh tphcm năm 2017
KÌ ionianisia-region.com TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 02 tháng 06 năm 2017 trên TP.HCM
Môn ionianisia-region.com : ANH VĂN
Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời hạn giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. Are you very busy _________ Monday mornings? – No! I always have time for a cup of coffee
A.from B.to C.out D.on
2. London is also known _______ “The Square Mile” beacause its area is almost one square mile.
A.with B. Of C.as D.for
3. She didn’t hear the dog barking outside beacause she _________ headphones.
A.wore B.was wearing C. Wearing D. Is wearing
4. That is Maryam, the girl ________ visited Lan and Nga last week.
A. Who B. Whom C. Whose D. Which
5. She felt a little bit cold, __________ she put on her coat.
A. Or B. Because C. So D. But
6. My Japanese pen pal, Yoko, speaks English very _______.
A. Best B. Excellent C. Well D. Good
7. I like the new idea of those _____ spoons which can be eaten after use as it is made of good rice.
A. Edible B. Inedible C. Poisonous D. Wooden
8. One plastic bottle recycled saves enough energy lớn run a 60-watt light ________ for 6 hours.
A. Bulb B. Standard C. Electricity D. Bill
9. David :”It’s terrible. I don’t ionianisia-region.comnk I will be able lớn pass the exam.” – Mary : “______”
A. Let’s try it B. Don’t worry. Everyionianisia-region.comng will be all right.
C. Ok. What’s that? D. Why not pass it?
10. Sue : “You have read that article on the website, haven’t you” – Peter : “_______”
A. Sure, thanks B- Not at all! Go ahead.
C. Not yet. Why? D. Yes, of course, I will.
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. Don’t use so much fossil fuel although there will be noionianisia-region.comng left for future generations.
A B C D
12. Recycling plastics reduce the amount of oil needed for making new plastics.
A B C D
III. Read the following letter. Decide if the statements from 13 to lớn 16 are True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 & 18.
Today almost everyone walking down the street has at least one sản phẩm điện thoại phone in their pocket. That is because many smartphone phones are upgraded every year around the world, and most people are interested in changing their old mobile phone for a new one. There has been an estimated number of 90 million unwanted ionianisia-region.comết bị di động phones in the UK alone! ionianisia-region.coms mountain weighs around 12,000 tonnes, but only about 5% of it is recycled. What makes us worried most is that sản phẩm điện thoại phones contain harmful chemicals which are released into the environment when phones begin to lớn degrade and, in addition, large amounts of carbon dioxide are also produced during the manufacture of phones. It seems that the more modern di động phones become, the worse our environment gets.
13. Di động phones are modernized every year around the world.
14. Most people are keen on having a newer di động phone.
15. About half of unwanted mobile phones in the UK are recycled.
16. Old smartphone phones do no harm lớn the environment.
17. What is the passage mainly about?
A. The moderization of smartphone phones is necessary.
B. There are more & more điện thoại phones in the world.
C. The modernization of điện thoại phones make the environment worse.
D. The manufacture of phones produces carbon dioxide.
18. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
A. Modern mobile phones are worse for the environment than the older ones.
B. ionianisia-region.comết bị di động phones are getting cheaper & more modern.
C. People in the UK are very concerned to lớn recycle old mobile phones.
D. Used mobile phones can pollute the environment.
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
In many Western countries, people (19)_______ Halloween on Octorber 31st. The word Halloween (20)________ from “All Hallows’ Eve”. It is the night before All Saints’ Day, a religious holiday in some parts of the world. On ionianisia-region.coms night, children dress up in special costumes, put (21)________ masks, & go door to lớn door saying “trick-or-treat” khổng lồ get candy. Many people decorate their homes with paper ghosts, đen cats or witches lớn give their houses a (22) _______ look. People also decorate their homes with jack-o-lanterns. They carve scary faces on pumpkins, và (23)_____ candles inside the pumpkins. In some places, both children và adults can make (24)______ of haunted houses. They all seem very excited about the festival.
19. A. celebrate B. Reduce C. Save D. Exchange
20. A. Gets B. Goes C. Comes D. Reaches.
21. A. In B. Off C. Out D. On
22. A. Bored B. Relaxed C. Careful D. Scary
23. A. Light B. Khổng lồ light C. Lighting D. Lighted
24. A. Parts B. Tours C. Turns D. Prizes
Chú ý: Thí sinh chỉ ghi mẫu tự A, B, C, hoặc D vào ô trả lời
VI. Use the correct tense or khung of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
26. Both competitors are ______ strong và fast. (surprise)
27. The company has made a new motorbike having very low fuel ____. (consume)
28. A large number of car accidents are caused by fast and _____driving. (care)
29. Could you send me details of courses for _______, who have never learnt English before. (begin)
30. Ba’s family & Liz had a very ________ day in the countryside last weekend. (enjoy)
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order khổng lồ make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. Have lost their lives / Many people around the world / natural disasters / & homes because of / . /
32. The survival of / depends on each và / the natural world / every one of us /./
Thí sinh viết tiếp đội từ và dấu câu theo như đúng trình tự vào phần vấn đáp để hiện ra câu trả chỉnh.
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it, (2.0pts)